Friday, August 28, 2009

From...

As I go through the day I think...
Not about the now...Not about the
then...Maybe about the tomorrow...

The voice in my head yells for me
to stop...I can't...I go...The yelling
gets louder...I keep walking...I
walk away from the yesterday...
I walk away from the now...
I hear the cry...I don't care...
Is it from then...Is it from now...
Why should I worry anymore...

I stop at the edge...But where does
it go...I look around...I am alone...
I stand still...It's quite...No sound
is made by the shuffle of my shoes...
No sound is made from the opening
of my screaming mouth...I am
no longer heard...

The voice in my head is all that I
hear...What does it say to me...

'From yesterday comes today...
From today comes tomorrow...
What will come after tomorrow...
Only what you make it...'


mood music:
MIKE BONES

with:
WHAT I HAVE LEFT

4 comments:

B.S. said...

Wow- this is some heavy stuff again! I wish you were still able to put videos on your blog- I miss that.

Has school started yet in your district?

Hugs,
Betty

dit said...

Yes, beautiful words, but heavy. Hope you are doing ok. Big hugs to you too my dear.

Anonymous said...

Good to put out these feelings, can be cathartic. Good to have you back.

Love,
Mark

Anonymous said...

I miss the videos too! Glad to read you here though... I hope your new school year has started well thus far. Again I ponder what is inspiring the choice of words you share... and you know what... the mystery is fine with me... cause you still have luv and {HUGS} in or out of the fog!